Updated: May 12, 2020
We know it, we meet it frequently, that constant nagging voice saying:
I know I shouldn’t be eating this but I really want to.
Now, we already learned the tools to deconstruct cravings, dealing with emotional eating especially now during quarantine, but I want to address the mindset that we have around food. I think, I explained the relation between nutrition and the immune system. Obviously, we all want to stay healthy during quarantine and in the future. Therefore, a healthier lifestyle would include clean eating habits.
Here are my Top 10 Tips in regards to mindset around food:
1) Acknowledge bio-individuality. Do what works best for you and which also aligns with your personal goals.
2) Food is not your enemy nor a punishment.
3) Don’t diet. You don’t have to eat less, you only have to eat right. This is the concept of crowding out. If you eat real food you don’t have to focus on carbs and calories. It’s all about quality versus quantity.
4) You are in charge and control of your plate. Everytime you eat you can either feed a disease or fight it. Your choice. Your responsibility.
5) Enjoy your meal, eat mindfully.
Don’t eat while on the run or for example in front of the TV. Be present while you eat.
6) Baby steps are okay. You don’t have to go vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc. in a single day. 7) Be intuitive about your choices it is gut versus brain.
While the brain is trained to be addicted to that dopamine kick when we eat sugar or casein. Better listen to that gut feeling, when it comes to nutrition and hunger.
8)Don’t let the scale define you. Be active. Be healthy. Be happy. A healthy inside reflects on the outside.
9) Focus on your plate. Focus on how you feel. Focus on your body. Its about you, you matter.
10) Food is the simplest form of self-love. Love yourself.
Book your consultation if you feel like you need help creating a healthy lifestyle that keeps you sane in quarantine and beyond.
For more tips find on Amazon: Stay sane in quarantine by Nina Boons